Neue Rechner eingetroffen !

Ein rechner der auf den Bildern zu sehen ist ! Der System 8813 muss von 1978 sein !

The Polymorphic System 8813 was the larger brother of the Poly 88.

William Davis reports :
      This unit could connected to an add-on unit (MS 88) that consisted of two 8" Shugart DSDD disk drives. Near the end Polymorphic System also featured a 10 MB hard disk and a unit called the "Twin Systems" which allowed two simultaneous users on a shared bus.

I had all the above, buying the first of three 8813 in 1978 and continuing to use it until 1987 when I switched to a series of Kaypro machines. As a last attempt to stay alive Poly tried to market a CP/M based version. I also had one of these which was an unmitigated disaster.

The software sold by Polymorphic Systems consisted of a Word Processor (very much like the early WordStar), a data base program and their OS.

Kyle York reports us :
      It doesn't use a specific operating system. It could add/extend, delete files but the filesystem was a linked-list. To recover disk space you had to run a utility. Best use was a business-basic package that was incredible.

Charles A Thompson reports:
      with respect to memory, the Poly was capable of handling 64K -- of which about 8K was for the operating system roms. I have (still have!) several 8813s. One of them has a 48K memory board and an 8K memory board, which placed the upper end of memory at about 56K.

It took some time for the IBM PC-type of machine to catch up to the capabilities Poly already had when the PC was first introduced (such as subdirectories). Poly could have lengthy file names (up to 32 characters, as I recall, which included any subdirectory names), plus a two-character extension.

I still run several Poly programs, which I significantly wrote, such as General Ledger and Payroll (that is, I got some very crude programs, and rewrote them extensively).

In addition to their Word Master word processing program, PolyMorphic Systems also sold programs entitled Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Inventory Control, Mailist, Plan (Polymorphic Language for ANalysis), Universal Plotter, and Loan and Investment Analysis. There were probably others -- those are just the ones I have in my collection. Poly also made available a Field Service manual, which contained a significant amount of technical data (I have one of these, also).

Most of the programs were dated 1978, and it's my understanding that these were spruced-up versions of programs originally written for internal purposes by Interactive Products Corporation (aka PolyMorphic Systems).
      Checkt meine MYSPACE SITE:
      myspace.com/djloyd99

Mein erster Rechner !

Das war der C 128 D ! Steiles Teil !

Da habe ich nächte lang Space Taxi und Mafia Games drauf gespielt ! Und das ding war besser als der C64 von meinem Freund ! :)

Was habe ich meinen C128 D geliebt ! Ich habe sogar noch den Passenden Monitor davon bei mir im Schrank nur der Rechner ist nicht mehr da ! Den Monitor hab ich benutzt um Playstation zu Spielen ! :) TR 1
      Nätürlich ! :)
      Bilder
      • commodore_c128_1.jpg

23,26 kB, 350×250, 49 mal angesehen
      • Commodore_C128D_Large.jpg

73,61 kB, 800×523, 46 mal angesehen
      Checkt meine MYSPACE SITE:
      myspace.com/djloyd99

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von „DJ_Loyd“ ()